August 3-5: "That's the good part I guess. You get to go find a new dream" {Last few days}

00:24 seab458 0 Comments

Woah. I've got a little bit of catching up to do, but we've been incredibly busy and i've had very little sleep.

It's over. I am officially no longer a cast member.

On Monday, we finally got together with all of our work friends at a normal hour of day! We made reservations and 20 of us went to Trails End at Fort Wilderness Campgrounds for a buffet breakfast! It was so great - and so much fun! I love my work family so so so much...and I don't know how any other coworkers will live up to my MK people!

(still waiting on a group picture from alejandro...)

Wednesday brought our Service Celebration - aka graduation!

lovely wonderful roommates aka rcklss cru aka dirt squirrels

I didn't get to hang out too much - long enough to get my ears, eat some amazing barbecue, and take a few pictures. 



I had to leave early because I needed to go check into our hotel before karima got here (!!!!) and i had to head to my last shift at magic kingdom!

My last night was a slightly emotional one. I got to pick up my favorite zone in Liberty Square AND got to be on parade duty, so it was a great night! We all got to watch wishes together - ICPs, Spring CPs, Fall CPs, full, and part timers (i'm going to cry just thinking about it) - and the friendships i've made and the people that I've come to care about since I've been here have affected my life far more than i could ever express and I'm so glad that I got to do this one last thing with them! (...and i'm going to cry again)

Wednesday night had an even better ending - the beginning of #BFFSDOORLANDO! Karima is finally here and she picked me up from work at 2am! We haven't seen each other in a year and now we're going to be together for over a week! We may be wreaking havoc on orlando as I type (...or we're watching criminal minds in our hotel room)! It is so exciting to be together...even if it's so weird that we're not in either one of our hometowns or at tyndale.

Thursday was my last day in the parks. Karima was really excited to go to EPCOT, so we spent the morning there and then went to Magic Kingdom for the night!


i FINALLY got to meet belle - my favorite princess. thankfully we've both found our adventure in the great wide somewhere!


showing disney to my best friend is probably the coolest part of this summer!

We got to MK minutes into festival of fantasy! so happy i got to see it one last time!




We did some of the attractions that I hadn't gotten to - like Tom Sawyer Island - but we kind of relaxed and didn't have a plan. I made sure to ride mansion one last time and we took plenty of pictures!

have i gone mad?
I've realized that it was really nice to have goals for the summer, but I only managed to do a few things on my bucket list. I know some people were stressed about completing their lists, and I didn't want to spend my last day running around like crazy.
I seriously cannot believe that I've officially graduated from Disney. This summer has been equal parts amazing and exhausting, but I don't think I would have traded it for anything. The people I have met from all over the country and the world have changed my life and I am so thankful for every person I have met over these past few months!



I've spent the past three years wishing and imagining what it would be like to work at disney, and I was worried that this summer would never live up to my expectations. 

I've lived my dream this summer, and the best part is, now I get to go find a new dream. Who knows where that will take me!

love + pixie dust,

sarah








0 comments: