July 29: "The Dining Room Proudly Presents..." {Be Our Guest}

12:05 seab458 0 Comments

This has been a LONG time in the making...

We finally got to eat at Be Our Guest! 


This weekend truly was the "last hurrah" for us as roommates - we're all working, have family visiting, and trying to pack up our lives for the last three months, so we probably won't be all together ever again!

We've been anticipating this meal for probably over a month and it really lived up to our expectations! Definitely a higher-end Disney meal, but sooooo good!

As with everything Disney, there's a story behind Be Our Guest. Basically, we are all invited by the Beast (pre-belle's influence) to eat in his castle. There are three rooms - the west wing, the ballroom, and the library (? i think that's what it is). And every 15ish minutes there's an announcement welcoming everyone to the castle, and the beast makes an appearance! So cool, and you really feel like you've walked into the movie!


 and it's also breathtakingly beautiful, which doesn't hurt.

the ballroom - i would be lying if i said i didn't sing beauty and the beast and twirl around with my imaginary beast


I was so torn up about what to order. But since i've been eating chicken for the past 2 months, I went with the braised pork and pureed cauliflower. and it was amazing.

i even ate the asparagus, thats how good it was
For dessert, I of course had to try the grey stuff (it was delicious) but I also wanted to try something else! Val and I split the grey stuff and a strawberry cream cheese cupcake!


the grey stuff!
 After our meal, we had a personal tour of the castle by the little kid sitting at the table next to us. He was so excited to show us the West Wing! 
the enchanted rose!


Then we got to meet the master of the house!

for who could ever learn to love a beast? (the answer is me)
What better way to spend an evening then being transformed into your favorite disney movie? 


In less than a week I have to give in my Patterson keys, say goodbye to all of the friends I've made over this summer (some of who I will probably never see again), and hit the road to Georgia. 


If I've learned anything this summer, it is that dreams come true. Dreams happen when you work hard and believe in them. The more I learn about how Walt literally put everything on the line - not just once, but multiple times - in order to make his dreams happen the more in awe I am of this company. 

"I only hope that we never lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse."


0 comments: