Easy 20 Minute Minnie Mouse Costume {Halloween 2018}

11:09 seab458 0 Comments

I'll be honest, Halloween is NOT my favourite season. I love fall, cooler weather, and alllll of the pumpkin spiced things. But I am also a huge wimp (I can't watch Hocus Pocus alone without being scared) so "spooky season" is not really my thing, I'm more of a holly jolly christmas loving gal.

 BUT, when you work with kids, you can't be a stick in the mud and NOT dress up for Halloween! The reactions I got from my kiddos were adorable and it took less than an hour to pull together! The best part is, almost all of this costume came from my closet!

Image may contain: 2 people, including Sarah Burton, people smiling, people standing and outdoor

Of course, being the Disney nerd I am, I had to go with a Disney themed costume. I wanted something that was comfortable and casual enough to go to work in - so this is my 20 minute Minnie Mouse costume!

It is definitely leaning more towards a DisneyBound than a full out costume, but the kids loved it!

I went into my closet and layered black leggings, cardigan, and tank top under a red polka dot skirt (all from Old Navy!) and then went on the hunt for a pair of yellow shoes - which were actually ridiculously hard to find in October. I found these white tennis shoes at Ardene for less than $10, and painted them yellow with some acrylic paint! The paint held up well throughout the day, and no one would believe that they were painted until they looked at them super closely. I used a dry sponge brush so there wouldn't be any brush strokes. 

I grabbed my classic sequined Minnie ears, and there you go! A DIY Halloween costume for less than $20! If you want more of a "costume" look, you could totally go all out with a black nose, eyelashes and liner, but I was running late for work as it was! :) 

What did YOU do for halloween? Are you as excited as I am for the Christmas season to start?
love + pixie dust, 

sarah

0 comments: