some wednesday thoughts.

14:56 seab458 0 Comments

"12 After washing their feet, he [Jesus] put on his robe again and sat down and asked, “Do you understand what I was doing? 13 You call me ‘Teacher’ and ‘Lord,’ and you are right, because that’s what I am. 14 And since I, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you ought to wash each other’s feet. 15 I have given you an example to follow. Do as I have done to you. 16 I tell you the truth, slaves are not greater than their master. Nor is the messenger more important than the one who sends the message." - John 12:12-16 (NLT)
"34 So now I am giving you a new commandment: Love each other. Just as I have loved you, you should love each other. 35 Your love for one another will prove to the world that you are my disciples.” John 12:34-35 (NLT)
Love. Humility. These are the things Jesus teaches his disciples in his last hours with them. These are the things we need to strive for. It doesn't matter if you are the most exciting, outgoing, well-spoken person, if there is no love for your brother in your heart it is pointless. This is what God has called us to do: love God, love others. Sometimes love is all you have to offer, and it is often enough.

 I saw a quote on Pinterest this week that said this:

"There is no curriculum or program that is life-changing.
It is the truth and relationships being shared that are life-changing."

A lot of the time, I feel inadequate. I mean, who wants this awkward, insecure person who is terrified of speaking in public leading their ministry? God doesn't choose people based on what the world values, He chooses those who will humble themselves so He can work through them to reach out to the world in love. It boggles my mind that God would love me so much that he wants to use me for His work! 

- Sarah

0 comments: